Monday, September 28, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

I'm not gonna lie... It's always a bit of a relief every year once Eric's birthday is over. It's not that I don't want to celebrate his bday, it's just that I put so much pressure on myself to make it amazing (and the pressure is really unnecessary, he doesn't care that much). Anyways, yesterday after church we got lunch, just our little family. Generally, I'm quick to veto a restaurant suggestion if I really don't want it but considering it was Eric's bday I let him pick where we eat. In my mind I kept saying "not BW3's, not BW3's" b/c I just wasn't in the mood for wings, tv screens and noise at the time. Of course he picked BW3's and I went (with a good attitude I might add!). That afternoon after lunch we cleaned like crazy!!! I wanted the house to look nice for our friends that were coming over, but we mainly just used that as an excuse to get things really in orderr. The "party" started at 5! We had a bunch of couples in our church over and all their kids. It was a great night of fun chaos! = ) This year, I overcame my natural tendency to stress about making Eric's birthday "perfect" and just tried to keep things simple (which usually turns out better anyways b/c then im not a basket case). I just got pizza for everyone and we ate cake and chilled. All in all, I hope my husband had a wonderful 25th birthday...he deserves it! I love you E!





1 comment:

  1. I tried to leave this once already, but it didn't work... I commented yesterday saying I was so excited that you have a blog! I love keeping up with people, even if I never see them. You look fabulous, by the way! Can't wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete